Eddie H. Walker, Jr.
Eddie H. Walker, Jr.
Email Eddie H. Walker, Jr. ›
Eddie H. Walker, Jr., born Wabbaseka, Arkansas September 13, 1950; admitted to bar, 1978, Arkansas; 1984, U.S. District Court, Western and Eastern Districts of Arkansas; 1995, U. S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit; 2017, U.S. Supreme Court.
- President of the Arkansas Bar Association (2015-2016)
- University of Arkansas (BA, 1975; JD, 1978). Blue Key; Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
- Board Member of Western Arkansas Legal Services, 1979-1992 (President 1983-1985)
- Listed: Best Lawyers in America, Workers’ Compensation Law since 1995
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers since 2003
- Fellow of College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyer since 2016
- Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers since 2018
- Special Associate Justice, Arkansas Supreme Court, January 10, 1990, January 30, 1991, November 15, 1993 and September 26, 1994
- Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Spring 1992 and Spring 2002
- Special Commissioner, Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission, August 25, 1993 and September 19, 1998
- Administrative Law Judge, Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission, 1979-1983
- Served on Arkansas Supreme Court Committee on Professional Conduct, 1989-1993 (Chair 1991-1992)
- Member: Arkansas Bar Association since 1978 (Chair: the 11th Annual Workers’ Compensation Institute, 1986-1987; the Workers’ Compensation Section, 1987-1998, Arkansas Bar Association Judicial Nominations Committee, 1994-1995, Committee on Professionalism, 1987-1988, House of Delegates, 1987-1990, Executive Council, 1990-1993, C.E. Ransick Award of Excellence, 2000, Board of Governors, 2002-2004 (Chair 2004), Presidential Award of Excellence, 2019)
- Member: Arkansas Bar Foundation
- Member: American Bar Association
- Member: Sebastian County Bar Association (Secretary/Treasurer, 1986-1987; President, 1988-1989)
Eddie H. Walker, Jr. concentrates his practice in the areas of workers’ compensation and personal injury law.