Advocating Injured Riders’ Rights to Justice & Compensation
Motorcyclists love the freedom, convenience, and savings that come with riding. Those benefits, however, also come with some serious risks. From riders’ exposure to their light weight and minimal safety equipment, motorcyclists can be especially vulnerable to harm if or when they’re involved in a crash.
At WALKER & HARP, P.L.L.C., our Fort Smith motorcycle accident lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience helping injured riders recover. No matter how complex a motorcycle crash case may be, we can fight for victims, helping them hold the at-fault parties liable while seeking full, fair compensation for victims’ injuries, losses, and suffering.
Call 479-783-5000 to learn more about your rights during a confidential consultation.
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
If you take these steps after a motorcycle wreck, you can protect yourself while safeguarding your rights and a potential accident claim:
- Get to safety and call the police.
- See a doctor ASAP.
- Take pictures of the scene and damage.
- Exchange information with the other involved parties.
- Never admit fault or apologize.
- Report the accident to your insurer.
- Consult a lawyer ASAP.
The sooner a Fort Smith motorcycle accident attorney is in your corner, the better protected you’ll be as you move forward to exercise your legal options for recovery and justice.
How Soon Do I Have to File a Motorcycle Accident Case?
Arkansas law provides three (3) years for victims to file motorcycle accident cases. This 3-year statute of limitations will start counting down from the date on which:
- The crash occurred.
- The injuries were discovered.
- The injuries resulted in death.
No matter which starting point triggers the clock for a given case, it’s almost always in victims’ best interests to file ASAP, instead of waiting for time to run out or evidence to disappear.
What Does a Sebastian County Motorcycle Accident Do?
A Sebastian County motorcycle lawyer can take care of everything necessary to:
- Keep you informed: An attorney can explain your legal options and provide key advice as you start your case and at every point moving forward. That can help you make the best decisions at every juncture.
- Craft a strong case: A lawyer can gather, preserve, and present the essential evidence for your case. (S)he can also anticipate the opposition’s arguments and advocate for you in and outside of court.
- Seek the best possible outcome: From negotiating with insurance companies to fighting it out in court, an attorney can help you set a motorcycle accident claim up for the best results possible.
Find Out More from a 5-Star Fort Smith Motorcycle Accident Attorney: Contact Us
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle wreck, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, suffering, and losses—and it’s important to remember that you’re not alone.
To find out more about a potential case, contact a Fort Smith motorcycle accident attorney at WALKER & HARP, P.L.L.C. We fight for the victims of negligence, seeking swift justice and favorable resolutions.
Call 479-783-5000 or to learn more about your rights and legal options in a confidential consultation.
Through strategic, fierce advocacy, we help the injured recover the compensation they deserve so they can focus on healing, picking up the pieces, and moving on. For more on our record of excellence and success, we invite you to check out our reviews and awards.